Home | Job Openings
Current Job Openings
Productivity Associates Inc. (PAI) is a Technical Support and Customer Care service provider located in San Diego.
PAI is actively seeking a bilingual (German/English) Customer Support Specialist for our Kearny Mesa (San Diego) location.
The Customer Support Specialist will be handling hardware and software troubleshooting for client-side computers in an OS X, and Windows 7 environment. Typical issues to resolve will be diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with USB-attached digital video recording equipment for both English and German speaking customers via phone and email.
We have a 24/7 contact center. Candidates must be willing to work any hours/holidays. Shifts will be assigned but may change to meet service needs.
• Proactively identify customer issues, escalate and actively participate in the problem/resolution process
• Troubleshooting technical issues
• Interface with & troubleshoot existing customer networks and software.
• Identify customer service issues and drive escalation and resolution efforts.
• Assist end-users in use of customer software and products
Required Skills & Experience:
• Bilingual in German and English (both written & spoken)
• Ability to demonstrate engaging interactive people skills and a positive attitude!
• Experience with OS X, and Windows 7
Desirable Skills & Attributes
• 1+ years Technical or Software Support experience
• 3+ years of Contact Center or Customer Service in a Call Center environment Experience
• Strong communication, organization, prioritization, and written skills.
• Experience with a variety of Operating Systems- specifically OS X and Windows 7
• Knowledge of UPNP/DLNA Protocols
• Experienced in supporting desktop and laptop computers. (Mac, Dell, Compaq, HP, Lenovo, etc)
• Wireless and broadband troubleshooting and connectivity issues
• Ability to walk users through preliminary troubleshooting steps
Pay and Benefits: This is a full time non-exempt position that pays $15.00 per hour
PAI offers an incredibly comprehensive Benefits package. Paid Time Off. 401(k). Free Lunch Fridays and telecommuting.
PAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Help Desk troubleshooting of client-side computers in a 98/2K Pro, XP Pro, and Windows Vista environment. Typical issues to resolve will be hardware issues, printing, applications (MS Office Suite, Various E-mail Applications), OS's, password resets, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain phone coverage by starting your shift on time and logging into the assigned queues
- Provide 1st level support including troubleshooting and diagnostics to our customers, service vendors, Level 1 organizations, and field technicians.
- Answer incoming calls from installation vendors
- Work assigned Remedy ticket customer queues in a timely manner to meet SLAs
- Escalate calls/tickets in a timely manner to the Technical Lead
- When needed, work as a Project Assistant under the direction of the Project Lead. As a Project Assistant a TSE will be a technical resource for rollout teams as well as assist in the preparation of rollout projects.
- Complete scheduled and unscheduled tasks as assigned by the Help Desk Supervisor and Technical Team Lead
- Participate in weekly Call Center team meetings
- Assist in the training of contractor staff
- Assist in development of root cause
- Meet defined SLAs
- Perform other job-related duties and work on special projects as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Strong customer service experience (Good listening and Interpersonal Skills)
- Excellent communications skills, written skills, and ability to type effectively
- Self motivated, detail oriented
- Experienced in utilizing Remedy CRM or similar incident management software
- Well versed in Win2K3 and Win2K8 – ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems (Linux OS and software a plus)
- Solid understanding of computer technology and networking
- Well versed in command line interface (DOS and Cygwin)
- Experienced in using Telnet, SSH, FTP, SCP, RDP networking protocols
- 1-2 years of Help Desk/Call Center experience preferred • Experience with Win 2K/XP/Windows Vista Position: Help Desk Tech – T1 Date: 7/10/2013 Department: IZON Media Revision: Reports to (direct line): Help Desk Supervisor Classification: Non-Exempt Reports to (dotted line): VP of Ops Prepared by: Delilah Baeza Authorized by:
- In-Depth working knowledge of TCP/IP and Internet connectivity
- Intermediate knowledge of Office 2000, 2003, and 2007 versions • Strong written and verbal communication skills to include a professional proficiency in spelling and grammar for when expanded communication is necessary • Attention to written details and the ability to answer clearly and correctly • Must be well organized and able to handle multiple tasks • Must be a team player and be able to work in a fast-paced environment • Must be a person who is very positive and enjoys producing quality work results • Must be a motivated towards constantly improving their technical skills using tools both in and out of the workplace • Previous experience interacting with diverse personalities in and providing assistance in fields such as help desk, customer service or marketing is desired • Must demonstrate the ability to follow directions, quickly grasp technical processes, and learn new skills at a pace better than average
- Spanish speaking a plus
Interested in working in a Radically Different, Radically Better environment?
Do you want to maximize your individual potential through freedom, collaboration and cultivating an environment where creativity can flourish?
At Productivity Associates, Inc. (PAI) we specialize in serving our customers as well as our people. Based out of Kearny Mesa, PAI is a Technical Support and Customer Care service provider who has been named on WorldBlu’s List of Most Democratic Workplaces for three consecutive years (2011-2013), as well as the 2012 & 2013 San Diego’s ‘Best Places to Work’ List.
PAI is actively seeking a Full-Time Help Desk Tier 1 to work in a friendly and comfortable team environment performing end-user Help Desk Support.
In this role, you will be doing Help Desk troubleshooting of client-side computers in a 98/2K Pro, XP Pro, and Windows Vista environment. Typical issues to resolve will be hardware issues, printing, applications (MS Office Suite, Various E-mail Applications), OS's, password resets, etc.
We have a 24/7 contact center. Candidates must be willing to work any hours/holidays. Shifts will be assigned but may change to meet service needs.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics and experience:
PRIMARY JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
Get customers, delight customers, keep customers!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supporting desktop and laptop computers. (gateway, Dell, Compaq, HP, Lenovo, etc)
• Standard desktop support, including Commercial application questions (i.e. MS Office, email programs, browsers, etc.)
• Wireless and Broadband troubleshooting and connectivity issues
• VPN installation, connection and troubleshooting
• Client based firewall configurations and troubleshooting (Symantec, MacAfee, zone alarm, etc).
• Perform password resets, given appropriate access to internal software tools
• Unlock protected accounts with proper security procedures
• Escalate & dispatch desk side technicians or 3rd Party services as needed
• Walk users through preliminary troubleshooting steps for in-house proprietary programs and applications used at Customer.
• Virus/ Spyware scanning, removal and related activities
• Troubleshooting IE and web-based applications, connectivity issues, plug-ins, pop-up blockers, security settings, etc.
• Troubleshooting local and networked printers.
• Clear print queues
• Remote assistance software, GoToAssist, etc
• Data restoration assistance
• PDA setups
• Customized routing and escalation protocols per client requirements
• 2-3 years of Help Desk/Call Center experience preferred
• Experience with Win 2K/XP/Windows Vista
• In-Depth working knowledge of TCP/IP and Internet connectivity
• Intermediate knowledge of Office 2000, 2003, and 2007 versions.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to include a professional proficiency in spelling and grammar for when expanded communication is necessary.
• Attention to written details and the ability to answer clearly and correctly.
• Must be well organized and able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be a team player and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be a person who is very positive and enjoys producing quality work results.
• Must be a motivated towards constantly improving their technical skills using tools both in and out of the workplace.
• Previous experience interacting with diverse personalities in and providing assistance in fields such as help desk, customer service or marketing is desired.
• Must demonstrate the ability to follow directions, quickly grasp technical processes, and learn new skills at a pace better than average.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at PAI become a fan on Facebook and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Are you looking to be part of a high culture organization where we work hard and play hard? An organization that truly cares about "you" as an individual and offers an array of perks and benefits?
If so, PAI is interested in learning more about you.
To learn more about working at PAI please visit http://www.gotopai.com/working-at-pai/
We are looking for an exceptional & talented IT professional who is passionate about Network and Security. The candidate must have demonstrated experience and ability to architect, design, configure, and troubleshoot large scale high performance networks. The candidate will work closely with different business users, IT teams to support and implement network and security services.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
Works in the network infrastructure team that designs, implements and supports the LAN, wireless and WAN infrastructure.
Provide local and global leadership and ownership for network designs, standards\policy definition and operations.
Provide governance, support, and operational escalation for the production network environment.
Proactively monitor network traffic flow end to end, identify areas of concern and develop action plans to address them.
Design, implement, manage and document network security configurations for firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS).
Work closely with management to establish and deliver consistent technical direction and report on network performance metrics.
Develop/Modify standards and policies around acceptable network usage for technologies such as video, voice, multicast and Internet usage.
Identify opportunities to improve and use new ideas and networking technologies to meet or exceed business objectives.
Will support our existing Data Center, especially in terms of managing the Power, Cooling, network and also will work with system administrators
Be the point of contact for all the security related issues and work closely with different groups to identify and resolve different vulnerabilities.
On-call, after-hours support will be required as needed.
Supports the network infrastructure in multiple global locations
Manage vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs. Forecasting and managing the required budget for the Network and Security group.
Education, Training, Professional Certification and Work Experience:
Minimum education: 4 year college degree (preferably in a technical field such as computer science, engineering, management information systems) or equivalent work experience
5+ years practical experience in an IP-based enterprise network environment as a network engineer, architect, analyst, or technical specialist
Extensive routing and switching experience with Brocade/Foundries
Strong Network security experience and Hands on experience configuring and supporting Firewalls, site-to-site VPNs and Application gateways integration with AWS
Strong Experience with load-balancing technologies. Previous experience with F5 Load Balancer with following module preferred: WAM, APM.
Advanced network troubleshooting and experience in resolving complex network problems.
Must have experience with network security concepts, best practices, and technologies including IPSec, RSA, RADIUS, SSL, TLS, Zone Based firewall policies, F5 APM policies, Network Access Control (NAC), 802.1x and WPA2.
Must be familiar with network management and monitoring tools such as SNMP and SolarWinds Orion, etc.
Storage networking knowledge a plus (e.g. Fibre Channel, iSCSI and FCoE).
Linux experience a plus.
Presentation Skills is a plus – Prepare and deliver formal and informal presentations to illustrate ideas, solutions and issues to upper management.
The above Essential Duties & Responsibilities list includes those duties and responsibilities for which the position exists and which must be satisfactorily performed in order to be successful in the position. However the job description is not intended to be an all inclusive listing of work requirements.
The Team Manager is a key management role in the operation of the Shared Desk. The Team Manager is responsible for the execution of service from the Shared Desk. The Team Manager will be responsible for developing and managing the Lead Team as well as working with the Help-Desk Agents to deliver service to Shared Desk customers. The Team Manager role is a people centric position responsible for creating a Radically Different and Radically Better operational environment.
Lead Development / Management
- Proactively manage the training, growth and development of the Shared Desk Leads
- Set goals and establish performance and accountability standards for Leads and Techs.
- Oversee the activities of the leads to ensure exceptional performance including:
- Establishing tech schedules to meet incoming volumes
- Manage SLAs and work load within the team
- Ensure that audits and tech development is happening as scheduled
- Make sure that tech needs are being met
- Knowledge / Process Assets are current and in place
- Provide Information to Accounting on payroll / adherence issues
- Provide Payroll information for GGOB purposes
- True up productivity bonus information with payroll
Shared Desk Leadership
- Work with Account Manager to effectively communicate client issues, knowledge and processes into the Shared Desk for implementation by the team.
- Act as a point of escalation for issues with Leads and Techs
- Create an atmosphere where service thrives and high standards are maintained at all time
- Establish a great work environment with techs
- Stress performance and accountability
- Establish Standards of Performance and Service that are world-class. Understand best practices and trends.
- Use Data to communicate service quality and areas of opportunity to Team.
- Manage / Present Data to the team to build perspective and drive performance
- Ensure that client needs are met by Shared Desk Team
- Establish Daily Huddles to convey information from / to the team
- Establish forums for tech input and participation
- Manage Balanced Scorecards within the team and individual level
- Communicate data to the team
- Provide a monthly view of team performance to management and team
- Establish key measures of success.
- Successfully transition new clients into operational environment by working closely with Leads and Team Manager.
Data Management and Analysis
- Review Operational Data to spot trends and issues within Team.
- Gaps / Issues with service or coverage
- Opportunities to develop techs / team members
- Drivers of call volume / root cause analysis
- Operational improvements
- Development of Dashboards and Monthly Scorecards for Techs
- A bachelor's degree and two (2) to five (5) years of Operational Experience
- Experience with developing team and managing large complex teams
- Understanding of Business Principles
- Knowledge of PAI and Operational Structures.
Critical Success Factors:
- Leadership – Demonstrate an ability to lead/manage people
- Attention to Detail – Is thorough in accomplishing a task with concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
- Planning/organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- Being flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
- Passion for exceptional service, both internally and externally
- Drives the completion of projects and initiatives
- Follows through on the execution of chosen strategies and demonstrates an ability to stay the course despite obstacle.
- Be self-directed and motivated. – Own personal accountability.
Implement, support and monitor the overall technical infrastructure.
resolve end-user requests, install, diagnose, repair and maintain all hardware and software applications. to ensure optimal system performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide best-in-class technical support for global employees, enterprise systems includes web based systems, desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices as a first level tier customer service rep.; escalate other technical issues to next level analyst.
- Install appropriate upgrades, patches, drivers, etc., including training and support for web and mobile based enterprise systems
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization ensuring license compliance and documentation.
- Partner with Technical Support Manager in identifying new processes and stream-lining existing processes or procedures.
- Performance advanced troubleshooting and remediation; participate in root-cause analysis of technical issues.
- Participate and adhere to safety policies and practices, including company procedures and guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CRITERIA:
Retain and comprehend information in order to: receive and follow instructions, read, interpret, compare and analyze data; research information in order to resolve problems: identify issues requiring further attention, make corrections and/or make recommendations, then take preventive actions; process facts and apply judgments; communicate with others to provide or obtain information. Demonstrate the adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities, deadlines, demands and assignments while maintaining cohesive and harmonious relationships. Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with others related to learning, problem solving back-up support and other related team functions; continuous telephone or face-to-fade communication; position also requires the repetitive use of hands and keyboarding. The working environment is primarily in an office setting.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- Work Experience/Education: Three (3) years of related experience in using the latest Windows operating systems; working knowledge of Active Directory ; Microsoft Exchange Server Systems Manager
- Customer Service and Training skills: ability to focus on customer needs and expectations as well as train end-user in the software or issue at hand; ability to use positive language to increase customer service satisfaction; ability to speak with a diverse group of staff, vendors, etc. globally;
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read and comprehend complex instructions; communicate across organizational levels; ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before customers or employees; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
- Intrapersonal/Interpersonal skills: ability to intuitively understand the needs of brand client and translate insights into action with cross-functional team partners; solid networking skills;
- Analytical skills: ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; ability to review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities;
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent; ability to create and use sophisticated financial modeling;
- Computer skills: advanced knowledge of networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface; intermediate to advanced level of office suite such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems; exposure to software applications, a must;
- Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
PAI and Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Japanese Support CSR to join the PAI team.
This position will be working for a vendor of Wizards of the Coast to provide Customer Service support. All qualified applicants’ resumes will be shared with our vendor for pre-screening and selection. All information will be kept confidential.
Essential Duties: The Japanese Support CSR is responsible for responding to inquiries from customers, providing assistance to the end user on supported products including Wizards of the Coast core brands, applications, and software. The Japanese Support CSR is responsible for accurate and efficient problem diagnosis. Must remain informed and trained in current products and have excellent customer service skills. Must be able to follow multiple processes accurately. Knowledge and experience with Wizards of the Coast products (Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons) is a requirement, and knowledge/experience with products should be included with your cover letter or in your submission. Language and cultural fluency in Japanese is a must.
Scope of Responsibility
Provide excellent customer service at all times by demonstrating the following:
- Efficiently and effectively resolve issues presented by our customer’s end users over the e-mail, ticket, phone and chat systems.
- Troubleshooting technical issues with Wizards of the Coast’s products, specifically Magic: the Gathering Online.
- Assist Japanese speaking customers with product related inquiries, including release dates, rules questions, and other general product information.
- Follow all processes and procedures established for the company with a high degree of efficiency.
- Always follow designated scripts and converse with customers using an alert and positive tone.
- Become proficient with helpdesk software utilizing the ticket entry system.
- Promptly complete training assignments when new modules are available and required to service assigned “Skill Sets.”
- Participate as a positive, supportive team member with a consistent goal in meeting customer satisfaction metrics.
- Maintain excellent communication with coworkers and supervisors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (required):
- Able to learn and adapt quickly in a demanding customer service environment.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs, respond to requests for service and assistance, and meet commitments.
- Communicate clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, read and get clarification, responds well to questions. Avoid long lapses in communications while waiting for seeking information or during other such occurrences. Keep the client informed of anticipated delays and up-dates on progress during these times. Write clearly and informatively, edits all work for spelling and grammar, must be able to read and interpret written information.
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Show respect and sensitivity for individual & cultural differences.
- Treats people with respect, keep commitments, inspire the trust of others, work with integrity and ethics and uphold organization’s values.
- Follow policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, support organization's goals and values.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment and services.
- Consistently arrive at work and on time as scheduled. Customers are serviced 24/7, so scheduling may vary; flexibility in availability to different times or shifts is necessary. Includes holidays and weekends.
- Follow instructions, responds to management direction, take responsibility for own actions, keep commitments.
- Demonstrate persistence and overcomes obstacles, measure self against standard of excellence.
- Approach others in a tactful manner, react well under pressure, and treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, look for ways to improve and promote quality and communicates it with supervisors, apply feedback to improve performance, monitor own work to ensure quality and promptness.
- Meets productivity standards, completes work in timely manner, strives to increase productivity and works quickly.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent. Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 1-3 years customer service with direct customer interaction, general knowledge of PC applications and software, hardware and system configuration knowledge, strong problem diagnosing, and problem solving skills. Knowledge of Wizards of the Coast core brands, particularly Magic: the Gathering organized play, is required.
SKILLS: Must be well organized and able to handle multiple tasks, a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be a person who is very positive and enjoys the work. Must be motivated towards constantly improving customer service and technical skills using tools provided by the company, as well as pursuing self-development beyond that available through the workplace.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be fluent in Japanese and English. Must have strong verbal communication skills with the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, ability to write clearly in correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate sums, subtractions, divisions, and multiplications as seen in Wizards of the Coast core brands.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience in the following software applications:
- Internet Explorer/Firefox
- E-mail Microsoft Outlook and/or Express
- Others may be indicated for specific customer support
- Ability to apply skills enabling the application of new or proprietary software with training
- Ability to type 45 WPM error free.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: No certificates, licenses or registrations are necessary to perform this job successfully.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This job requires an individual to sit, chat and hear over 2/3 of the time. It requires looking at a PC monitor over 2/3 of the time. It does not require an individual to stand, walk, reach extensively with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste or smell.
This job rarely requires lifting weight of more than 10lbs. to be lifted or force be exerted.
This job requires an individual to have close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point) and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus) in order to look at computer monitors and status monitors. Manual dexterity is also a requirement for typing, use of a mouse and phone device.
While this document attempts to describe the key requirements and expectations of this job, it is not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned at any time to meet company objectives. PAI reserves the right to change or amend the requirements and duties related to this position as necessary. While up-dates to job descriptions will be made from time to time as needed, current descriptions do not limit an employee’s requirement to perform other tasks or responsibilities as requested.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
J2W Posting Code: Wizards of the Coast
The Desktop Systems Technician 1 is expected to provide tier 1 and computer support to the TMaG U.S. and International user community while training on tier 2 applications and processes. This position will receive escalated issues from support center staff and be required to work with other groups within the IT department to provide problem resolution. This position will report to the Desktop Systems Supervisor and work closely with the Infrastructure Services team, Support Center team, other IT management, and departmental management to determine and provide optimal support delivery.
This position will also be involved in the cross training and professional development of other support staff in order to provide effective support delivery.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Operating Systems NT/XP/Windows 7 & 8.
- Familiarity with Macintosh, Linux, and UNIX operating systems.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Ethernet, networking, and cabling.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of print drivers, print servers and multi-function printer maintenance
- Create and edit NT and Active Directory domain user logins
- Advanced knowledge of PC based hardware, peripherals, and applications.
- Ability to image, build and post-configure a desktop or laptop pc with the standard application rollout, in addition to any supplementary applications, of which the installs are documented in a central folder
- Able to install and configure Windows based applications for general use by TMaG employees, some of which are specific to different departments.
- Able to build, reconfigure, and upgrade Windows based hardware.
- Able to install network peripherals such as printers and services.
- Ability to use remote administration tools to identify and troubleshoot user issues.
- Ability to use Help Desk Management system to log, track, and verify support center incidents and problems.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot incidents as described by staff to provide for rapid resolution.
- Ability to mentor junior support analysts and provide a point of escalation for problem resolution.
- Ability to track issues and problems and identify trends for final solution.
- Ability to provide accurate resolution documentation into help desk system and knowledge base.
- Ability to interact with vendors and contractors for warranty support, issue resolution, and project planning.
- Ability to cover extended service hours to provide support to critical production systems.
- Ability to interact with other IT workgroups and contacts to provide planning, incident resolution, and root cause analysis.
- Assist offsite techs with Support escalations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and end users of all levels.
- Ability to provide cross training and support for other Support Center staff.
- Ability to understand business goals, objectives, and priorities to allow for proper support delivery.
- Ability to work with a variety of organizational departments to determine support needs and provide proper support delivery.
*Performs other related duties and assignments as required
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent IT based experience.
- Certification or equivalent experience a plus.
- MCSE or equivalent knowledge of Windows operating systems and networking environment.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of print drivers and multi-function printer systems
- Experience supporting a large user environment.
- Excellent communication, implementation, and documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.